New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Wyoming, Wind River Basin
Statement as of 9:29 PM MDT on July 23, 2014
Expires 1:00 AM EDT on July 24, 2014
Showers and isolated thunderstorms will continue to move northeast
across southern Fremont County through 1030 PM. Outflow wind gusts as
high as 45 mph will occur along with brief rainfall. Take safe
shelter indoors if storms approach your location.
In addition... a south to southwest outflow wind up to 35 mph is
likely to move north into central Fremont County. This wind could
impact Lander... Hudson and Riverton from 1000 PM until 1100 PM.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 11:37 AM MDT on July 23, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on July 25, 2014
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 9 PM MDT Friday for
wind... low relative humidity... isolated dry thunderstorms and
a Haines index between 5 and 6 for fire weather zone 283...
* affected area... fire weather zone 283.
* Winds... west 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Relative humidity... as low as 11 percent.
* Impacts... conditions will be favorable for extreme fire
behavior and rapid rates of spread in dry fuels.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Statement as of 6:31 PM MDT on July 23, 2014
... Record high temperature set at Casper WY...
hot and dry southwest flow brought record heat to portions of the
cowboy state today. A record high temperature of 100 degrees was set
at Casper WY today. This ties the old record of 100 set in 2006.
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Advisory
- Maryland - Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Nevada - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New Jersey - Special Statement
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement