Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 9:20 PM CDT on October 23, 2017
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on October 24, 2017
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 7 am to 7 PM CDT
* northwest winds of 20 to 30 mph with occasional gusts to 45
mph are expected from early Tuesday morning through late
Tuesday afternoon. The strongest winds will be in open areas
and ridge top locations.
* These strong winds will create difficult driving conditions at
times for lightweight and high profile vehicles and will blow
around lightweight unsecured objects.
Sustained winds of 20 to 30 mph and wind gusts of 45 mph are
expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 9:41 PM CDT on October 23, 2017
Expires 10:41 AM EDT on October 24, 2017
... Wind reports so far today...
Location speed time/date lat/Lon
... Chickasaw County...
2 N Ionia 33 mph 0340 PM 10/23 43.07n/92.46w
... Fayette County...
Oelwein Municipal Airport 37 mph 0455 PM 10/23 42.68n/91.97w
... Floyd County...
Charles City Airport 39 mph 0415 PM 10/23 43.07n/92.61w
... Howard County...
3 NE Riceville 32 mph 0422 PM 10/23 43.40n/92.50w
... Winneshiek County...
5 NW Frankville 30 mph 0900 PM 10/23 43.25n/91.70w
Decorah Municipal Airport 29 mph 0855 PM 10/23 43.28n/91.74w
... Dodge County...
2 E Kasson 36 mph 0745 PM 10/23 44.02n/92.71w
Dodge Center Airport 33 mph 0733 PM 10/23 44.02n/92.83w
... Fillmore County...
Preston Airport 36 mph 0514 PM 10/23 43.68n/92.18w
... Mower County...
Austin Municipal Airport 37 mph 0715 PM 10/23 43.66n/92.93w
1 ENE Dexter 36 mph 0545 PM 10/23 43.73n/92.68w
... Olmsted County...
Mayo helipad 40 mph 0412 PM 10/23 44.02n/92.48w
Rochester international airp 39 mph 0824 PM 10/23 43.91n/92.50w
3 N Stewartville 39 mph 0810 PM 10/23 43.90n/92.48w
2 se Douglas 33 mph 0517 PM 10/23 44.08n/92.55w
Byron 32 mph 0739 PM 10/23 44.04n/92.64w
3 SW Hammond 30 mph 0700 PM 10/23 44.18n/92.41w
3 ESE Douglas 26 mph 0835 PM 10/23 44.09n/92.51w
... Wabasha County...
2 NNW Zumbro Falls 36 mph 0756 PM 10/23 44.32n/92.44w
1 SSE Kellogg 31 mph 0830 PM 10/23 44.28n/91.99w
Lake City 26 mph 0818 PM 10/23 44.45n/92.27w
... Winona County...
1 E Ridgeway 34 mph 0915 PM 10/23 43.91n/91.54w
Winona Municipal Airport 29 mph 0911 PM 10/23 44.08n/91.71w
... Crawford County...
Prairie Du Chien Airport 26 mph 0815 PM 10/23 43.02n/91.12w
... La Crosse County...
La Crosse regional Airport 29 mph 0753 PM 10/23 43.88n/91.26w
1 WSW Onalaska 28 mph 0626 PM 10/23 43.88n/91.23w
3 W Saint Joseph 25 mph 0835 PM 10/23 43.78n/91.10w
... Monroe County...
Sparta/Fort McCoy Airport 28 mph 0855 PM 10/23 43.96n/90.74w
Observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposures. We thank all volunteer weather observers
for their dedication. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - High Wind Warning , High Wind Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Lake Wind Advisory
- California - Excessive Heat Warning, Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory, Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Colorado -
- Connecticut - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory
- Delaware - Wind Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning, High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory , High Wind Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Advisory
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Fire Weather Watch
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory
- Maine - Dense Fog Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory
- Michigan - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Lakeshore Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Dense Fog Advisory
- New Jersey - Wind Advisory
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory
- New York - Wind Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- North Dakota - Fire Weather Watch
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Warning
- Rhode Island - Wind Advisory
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Watch
- Tennessee - Flood Warning
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory
- Virginia - Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning
- West Virginia - Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- - Small Craft Advisory, Gale Warning