Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 4:03 AM EDT on October 17, 2017
Expires 9:00 AM EDT on October 17, 2017
... Frost advisory remains in effect until 9 am EDT this morning...
... Frost advisory in effect from 2 am to 9 am EDT Wednesday...
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a frost
advisory, which is in effect from 2 am to 9 am EDT Wednesday.
* Locations... Tazewell County and the New River Valley North
into southeast West Virginia and the Alleghany Highlands.
* Hazards... areas of frost especially in the valleys.
* Temperatures... in the 30s through 8am. Lows tonight in the 30s.
* Timing... through 9am this morning and again overnight into
* Impacts... sensitive outdoor plants left unprotected may be
damaged or killed.
A frost advisory means that widespread frost is expected.
Sensitive outdoor plants may be killed if left uncovered.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- California - Air Quality Alert , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Frost Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement, Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning
- Maryland - Frost Advisory
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory
- Michigan - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Nevada - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Frost Advisory
- New Mexico -
- New York - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Ohio - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Rhode Island - Frost Advisory
- South Carolina - Coastal Flood Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Wisconsin -
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- - Small Craft Advisory