New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Utah, West Central Utah
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 6:17 PM MDT on July 22, 2014
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 10 PM MDT this
evening for wind and low relative humidity for fire weather zones
492 and 495...
... Red flag warning in effect from noon to 10 PM
MDT Wednesday for dry thunderstorms and gusty outflow winds for
fire weather zones 492 and 495...
* affected area... fire weather zone 492 central Utah west desert
and fire weather zone 495 color Country West desert.
* Winds... southerly winds at 15-25 mph with gusts over 30 mph will
continue into this evening before diminishing.
* Relative humidity... relative humidity will remain below 15
percent into this evening before recovering into the 20-30
percent range overnight.
* Thunderstorms... will develop Wednesday afternoon. Storms will
initially develop over the higher terrain... and will move over
adjacent valleys. Most thunderstorms will be dry... though some
storms may be accompanied by wetting rain. Regardless...
lightning will result in new fire starts.
* Outflow winds... will be gusty and erratic in the vicinity of
thunderstorms and may cause unpredictable fire behavior.
* Impacts... combination of low relative humidity and gusty winds
will create hazardous fire weather conditions through this
evening. Dry thunderstorms in an area with dry fuels will
create hazardous fire weather conditions... and likely result
in new fire starts Wednesday.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
- Alabama - Special Statement
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Heat Advisory
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Nevada - Fire Weather Warning
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report