New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 2:38 PM CDT on August 28, 2014
Expires 7:00 PM EDT on August 29, 2014
... Rip current risk now in effect through Friday afternoon...
* timing... through Friday afternoon.
* Impacts... dangerous rip currents will continue to occur along
the Gulf facing beaches of the middle Texas coast. Both the
strength and frequency of these rip currents will result in surf
that is dangerous for swimmers... especially around jetties and
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Areal Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Areal Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Maine - High Surf Advisory
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Montana - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- New Hampshire - High Surf Advisory
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Virgin Islands - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement