Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 2:37 PM CDT on April 30, 2016
Expires 3:36 AM EDT on May 01, 2016
The Flood Warning continues for
the Trinity River at Trinidad.
* At 0200 PM Saturday the stage was 39.94 feet.
* Flood stage is 33 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to a crest near 41 feet
by Sunday afternoon then begin falling but remain above flood
Lat... Lon 3219 9626 3206 9613 3207 9600 3223 9613
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 7:19 PM CDT on April 30, 2016
... NWS damage survey for April 29 2016 tornado...
.Overview... So far... one tornado has been confirmed from the thunderstorms
on the afternoon and evening of Friday April 29th. The confirmed tornado
is in Collin County... where a brief tornado occurred at a business just
north of the city of Celina.
Surveys were done today by National Weather Service crews... and by local
emergency management officials in several areas... including damage in Grayson...
Bosque... Van Zandt... and Henderson counties. The investigations are still
underway for areas of reported tornadoes in Grayson and Bosque counties. At
this time... no determination has been made for minor damage in these areas.
There are also several areas of mainly tree damage in Henderson and Van
Zandt counties... which was caused from the same parent storm which
spawned the Lindale tornado. Further investigation will be done with this
storm and damage to determine the most likely cause of the damage.
No matter the cause of all of the damage... there has been no evidence that
any of the damage was caused by winds in excess of 75 mph.
estimated peak wind: 65-75 mph
path length /statute/: 0.3 mile
path width /maximum/: 65 yards
Start date: Apr 29 2016
start time: 4:53 PM CDT
start location: 4ne Celina / Collin / TX
End date: Apr 29 2016
end time: 4:54 PM CDT
end location: 4ne Celina / Collin / TX
Survey summary: the damage near Celina was caused by a brief tornado
which produced damage for approximately one third of a mile... and was
slightly more than 50 yards wide. There were several trees which had
limbs broken off... and one tree which was uprooted... in part due to
saturated grounds near a pond. The most heavily damaged structure was a
building that resembled a barn. This building had most of the roofing
materials blown off... with some of the metal roofing material thrown
into a nearby house... causing additional roof damage.
Ef scale: the Enhanced Fujita scale classifies tornadoes into
the following categories.
EF0... weak... ... 65 to 85 mph
EF1... weak... ... 86 to 110 mph
EF2... strong... .111 to 135 mph
EF3... strong... .136 to 165 mph
EF4... violent... 166 to 200 mph
EF5... violent... >200 mph
the information in this statement is preliminary and subject to
change pending final review of the event and publication in NWS
- Alabama - Special Statement
- Alaska - Wind Advisory
- Arizona - Blowing Dust Advisory
- Arkansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Tornado Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning
- California - Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Missouri - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- Nevada - Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Ohio - Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Oregon - Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Statement, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement