Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 10:39 PM CDT on July 31, 2015
Expires 4:00 AM EDT on August 01, 2015
1145 PM CDT Fri Jul 31 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Saturday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Oklahoma and Texas... including the following
areas... in Oklahoma... Beaver... Cimarron and Texas. In Texas...
Armstrong... Carson... Collingsworth... Dallam... Deaf Smith...
Donley... gray... Hansford... Hartley... Hemphill... Hutchinson...
Lipscomb... Moore... Ochiltree... Oldham... Potter... Randall...
Roberts... Sherman and Wheeler.
* Through Saturday evening
* thunderstorms with heavy rain will be possible across the
Texas and Oklahoma panhandles through Saturday. The runoff
from the heavy rains will likely cause areas of flash
* Flash flooding could impact travel. Fast flowing water can
sweep vehicles from roadways.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued. Homeowners near Playa
Lakes are urged to keep a close eye on rainfall.
The National Weather Service in Amarillo has issued a
* Flood Advisory for...
Armstrong County in the Panhandle of Texas...
* until 300 am CDT
* at 1146 PM CDT... National Weather Service meteorologists detected a
thunderstorm with heavy rainfall 6 miles south of Washburn... or 12
miles west of Claude. Very heavy rain has already fallen over parts
of the advisory area with additional heavy rain expected. Runoff
from this excessive rainfall will cause flooding to occur...
especially along small streams and near low water crossings.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Claude... Wayside... Goodnight...
Do not underestimate the power of flood waters. Only a few inches of
rapidly flowing water can quickly carry away your vehicle. Turn
around... dont drown.
Lat... Lon 3476 10161 3514 10163 3517 10162 3518 10111
- Alaska - Dense Smoke Advisory
- Arizona - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flash Flood Watch
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Watch
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement