Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 1:03 AM CST on November 18, 2017
Expires 4:00 PM EST on November 18, 2017
... Wind Advisory in effect until 3 PM CST this afternoon...
The National Weather Service in Amarillo has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect until 3 PM CST this afternoon.
* Timing... winds are expected to pick up with the cold front
arrival currently entering the northern Oklahoma Panhandle, and
will continue through early afternoon. Peak winds are expected
around sunrise through about noon.
* Winds... northwest 30 to 39 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Impacts... sudden wind gusts can cause drivers to lose
control... especially in lightweight or high profile vehicles.
Strong winds can cause blowing dust... reducing visibilities...
and cause flying debris. Light outdoor objects could be moved
by the strong winds.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
- Alabama - Wind Advisory
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Blizzard Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Arizona - Freeze Watch
- Arkansas - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory , Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Freeze Warning, Hard Freeze Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Wind Advisory
- Hawaii - High Wind Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Wind Advisory
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Wind Advisory
- Kentucky - Wind Advisory
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota -
- Mississippi - Wind Advisory
- Missouri - Wind Advisory
- Montana - High Wind Watch
- Nevada -
- New Mexico - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- New York - Lakeshore Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory, Frost Advisory , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Ohio - Wind Advisory
- Oklahoma - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning, Frost Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Wind Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Wind Advisory
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Wind Advisory
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch
- West Virginia - Wind Advisory
- Wisconsin -
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Record Report
- - Gale Warning