Current Watches and Warnings
High Wind Watch
Statement as of 1:37 PM CST on February 22, 2017
Expires 7:00 PM EST on February 23, 2017
... High wind watch in effect Thursday afternoon...
The National Weather Service in Amarillo has issued a high wind
watch... which is in effect Thursday afternoon.
* Timing... 12 PM to 6 PM Thursday.
* Winds... west 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 65 mph.
* Impacts... high winds can blow down small outbuildings and
break limbs. Sudden wind gusts can cause drivers to lose
control... especially in lightweight or high profile vehicles.
Strong winds can cause blowing dust... reducing visibility...
and cause flying debris. Isolated power outages could be
A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph... or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:20 PM CST on February 22, 2017
Expires 10:00 PM EST on February 23, 2017
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 10 am to 9 PM CST
Thursday for strong winds and low relative humidity for all of
the Texas and Oklahoma panhandles...
* affected area... in Oklahoma... Cimarron... Texas and Beaver. In
Texas... Dallam... Sherman... Hansford... Ochiltree... Lipscomb...
Hartley... Moore... Hutchinson... Roberts... Hemphill... Oldham...
Potter... Carson... gray... Wheeler... Deaf Smith... Randall...
Armstrong... Donley and Collingsworth.
* 20 foot winds... west 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
* Relative humidity... minimum afternoon relative humidities as low
as 9 percent.
* Timing... critical to extremely critical fire weather conditions
are expected start around 10 am to 12 PM CST Thursday and are
expected to end around 8 PM to 9 PM CST Thursday evening.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create favorable weather for rapid fire growth and spread. Avoid
activities that promote open flames and Sparks.
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Connecticut - Dense Fog Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Blizzard Watch
- Kansas - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Dense Fog Advisory
- Massachusetts - Dense Fog Advisory
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Blizzard Watch
- Mississippi - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Nebraska - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Blizzard Watch , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nevada - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New York - Dense Fog Advisory
- North Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Rhode Island - Dense Fog Advisory
- Tennessee - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory
- Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Special Statement
- West Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory