New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 5:01 AM CDT on July 28, 2014
Expires 7:30 AM EDT on July 28, 2014
... Flood Advisory remains in effect for Sherman... western Moore...
eastern Hartley... eastern Dallam... southwestern Texas and
southeastern Cimarron counties until 630 am CDT...
* at 459 am CDT... National Weather Service meteorologists continued
to detect an area of thunderstorms with very heavy rainfall over
the advisory area. Doppler radar estimates 1 to 3 inches of rain
have already fallen over parts of the advisory area with
additional heavy rain expected. Flooding is likely to occur. While
precipitation may taper off in some areas during the warning
period... it will take some time for any high water to runoff.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Dumas... Stratford... Dalhart...
Griggs... Sunray... Masterson...
four way... cactus... Hartley...
Channing... Conlen... Texhoma...
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding. If flooding is observed... act quickly. Do not
enter the water. Turn around and move up to higher ground. Do not
stay in areas subject to flooding when water begins rising.
Most flood related deaths occur in vehicles. Do not attempt to cross
bridges... dips... or other low spots if water covers the roadway.
Never try to cross a flowing stream... even a small one... on foot or
in a vehicle.
Lat... Lon 3680 10206 3648 10177 3563 10181 3563 10250
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement , Heat Advisory
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Heat Advisory
- Georgia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Heat Advisory
- Illinois - Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Montana - Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- New York - Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report