Current Watches and Warnings
High Wind Watch
Statement as of 3:50 PM CST on February 27, 2017
Expires 8:00 PM EST on February 28, 2017
... High wind watch in effect from Tuesday morning through Tuesday
The National Weather Service in Amarillo has issued a high wind
watch... which is in effect from Tuesday morning through Tuesday
* Timing... Tuesday morning from 11 am CST to 7 PM CST Tuesday
* Winds... southwest 35 to 45 mph with gusts to near 70 mph.
* Impacts... high winds can blow down small outbuildings and
break limbs. Sudden wind gusts can cause drivers to lose
control... especially in lightweight or high profile vehicles.
Strong winds can cause blowing dust... reducing visibility...
and cause flying debris. Isolated power outages could be
A high wind watch means there is potential for sustained winds of
at least 40 mph or gusts of 58 mph or more. People in the watch
area should secure any loose outdoor items such as garbage cans
or lawn furniture. Persons planning to drive in the watch area...
especially high profile vehicles... should consider delaying
travel until the high wind threat diminishes.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 7:08 PM CST on February 27, 2017
Expires 8:00 PM EST on February 28, 2017
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am to 7 PM CST
Tuesday for strong winds and low relative humidity for the
western portions of the Texas Panhandle...
* affected area... in Oklahoma... Cimarron and Texas. In Texas...
Dallam... Sherman... Hartley... Moore... Oldham... Potter... Deaf
Smith and Randall.
* 20 foot winds... southwest winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to
55 mph are expected across the warning area on Tuesday.
* Relative humidity... falling to around 15 percent.
* Timing... critical to extremely critical fire weather conditions
are expected from 11 am until 7 PM on Tuesday.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create favorable weather for rapid fire growth and spread. Avoid
activities that promote open flames and Sparks.
- Alabama - Dense Fog Advisory
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Blizzard Warning , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Frost Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Connecticut - Flood Warning
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Watch
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Montana - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Blowing Dust Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory, Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New York - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Oregon - Winter Weather Advisory
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Texas - Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Blowing Dust Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Washington - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory