Current Watches and Warnings
Tennessee, NW Blount
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 6:59 PM EDT on July 02, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on July 04, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through Saturday evening...
The National Weather Service in Morristown has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of southwest North Carolina...
east Tennessee and southwest Virginia... including the
following areas... in southwest North Carolina... Cherokee and
Clay. In east Tennessee... Anderson... Bledsoe... Blount Smoky
Mountains... Bradley... Campbell... Claiborne... Cocke Smoky
Mountains... east Polk... Grainger... Hamblen... Hamilton...
Hancock... Hawkins... Jefferson... Johnson... Knox... Loudon...
Marion... McMinn... Meigs... Morgan... NW Blount... north Sevier...
northwest Carter... northwest Cocke... northwest Greene...
northwest Monroe... Rhea... Roane... Scott TN... Sequatchie...
Sevier Smoky Mountains... southeast Carter... southeast Greene...
southeast Monroe... Sullivan... Unicoi... Union... Washington TN
and west Polk. In southwest Virginia... Lee... Russell... Scott...
Washington and wise.
* Through Saturday evening
* abundant moisture and a series of upper level disturbances... will
produce several rounds of showers and thunderstorms from tonight
into the 4th of July weekend. Many areas are already saturated
from heavy rains earlier this week.
* Widespread moderate to heavy rains... and locally very heavy rains
may cause flash flooding tonight into the 4th of July weekend.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions are favorable for heavy
rain... which may lead to flooding in and near the watch area. If
you are in the watch area... .keep an eye out for rising water or
water over roadways. Keep informed... and be ready for action if
flooding is observed or if a Flood Warning is issued. If you
come to a closed or flooded Road... turn around! Don't drown!
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Smoke Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- California - Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Flood Warning
- Florida - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Tennessee - Areal Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement