Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:23 PM EDT on September 28, 2016
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on September 30, 2016
... Flood Watch remains in effect from 2 am EDT Thursday through
The Flood Watch continues for
* a portion of central Pennsylvania... including the following
areas... Adams... Bedford... Blair... Cambria... Cumberland...
Franklin... Fulton... Huntingdon... Juniata... Mifflin... Perry...
Somerset and York.
* From 2 am EDT Thursday through Friday morning
* a long duration rainfall will impact the area from this evening
through Friday morning. Widespread amounts of 2 to 4 inches are
expected across much of the watch area... with locally higher
amounts expected over east facing slopes of the Laurel
Highlands and south central mountains.
* Dry initial conditions may initially mitigate the flood threat
across the area. However... persistent banding of moderate to
heavy rainfall and upslope flow into the south central mountains
and Laurel Highlands may produce locally heavier amounts over 5
inches... which could bring small streams over bankful and
produce flooding of roadways and poor drainage areas. The threat
for mainstem river flooding is low at this time... given
extremely dry antecedent conditions... but this will be watched
closely over the next 24 to 36 hours.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding on small
streams... creeks... poor drainage... urban and low-lying areas
based on current forecasts.
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
- Alabama - Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Coastal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Public Information Statement
- California - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- Pennsylvania - Areal Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Virginia - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory