Current Watches and Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:54 AM EDT on April 18, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 18, 2015
... Red flag warning in effect from noon today to 8 PM EDT this
evening for much of central Pennsylvania...
The National Weather Service in State College has issued a red
flag warning... which is in effect from noon today to 8 PM EDT
this evening. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected area... the northern and central mountains... and the
Susquehanna River valley... mainly north of Harrisburg.
* Winds... northwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts of 20 to 25 mph.
* Timing... a dry cold front will push down from New York this
afternoon and increase the wind out of the west-northwest. The
full sun and wind will dry out the Leaf litter and other fine
fuels efficiently. After sunset... the wind will diminish and
humidity will rise.
* Relative humidity... as low as 25 percent.
* Temperatures... highs in the mid 70s.
* Impacts... the potential exists for rapid growth and spread of
wild fires and for prescribed Burns to grow out of control.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create explosive fire growth potential.
For more information from NOAA/National Weather Service visit...
http://weather.Gov/ctp (all lower case)
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Maine - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Watch
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Record Report
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- New York - Fire Weather Watch
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Rhode Island - Fire Weather Watch
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Winter Storm Warning
- Vermont - Fire Weather Watch
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- - Small Craft Advisory