New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, Grande Ronde Valley
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 9:36 PM PST on December 11, 2013
Expires 1:00 AM EST on December 13, 2013
... High Wind Warning remains in effect until 10 PM PST Thursday
for Ladd and pyles canyons...
A High Wind Warning for Ladd and pyles canyons remains in effect
until 10 PM PST Thursday.
* Timing: winds have increased and should peak tonight through
Thursday before diminishing Thursday evening.
* Winds: south winds of 30 to 45 mph with gusts to 60 mph.
* Impacts: damage to trees and power lines may occur. Driving
may be difficult along Highway 203 and 237 which will
experience strong cross winds. Drivers on Interstate 84 will
experience strong head or tail winds depending on direction
A High Wind Warning is issued when sustained winds are expected
to be 40 mph or greater with gusts in excess of 58 mph. These
winds can easily toss around loose objects and down large tree
limbs and power lines. Those venturing outdoors should use
extreme caution and be alert for flying debris. Driving may also
be difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. For
additional weather information... check our web site at
Statement as of 2:25 PM PST on December 11, 2013
Expires 7:00 AM EST on December 12, 2013
... Winter mix and potentially significant snow accumulations
possible late Thursday through late Friday...
A Pacific winter storm will move across the region Thursday
evening and Friday... bringing precipitation to the two state region.
Most of the mountain locations will see snow with this
storm... with between 4 to 6 inches possible along the Blue
Mountains and the east slopes of the Cascades. However... in the
lower valleys... temperatures will be near or just below freezing
with a warm layer of air above the surface. This may lead to a mix
of rain... freezing rain... sleet and snow. The greatest potential
for the winter mix will be in Washington and along the Columbia
River gorge where temperatures are expected to be colder.
Precipitation amounts are expected to be fairly light but it does
not take much ice to create hazardous conditions. If you are
planning on traveling Thursday into Friday or being outdoors... please
continue to monitor forecasts from the National Weather Service as
this event unfolds.
Local Storm Report
12/11/2013 1130 am
5 miles WNW of Union, Union County.
Non-thunderstorm wind gust m58 mph, reported by mesonet.
Union Pacific site peak gust.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Blizzard Warning , Wind Chill Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Freeze Warning , Hard Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Wind Chill Advisory
- Indiana - Wind Chill Advisory , Special Statement
- Iowa - Wind Chill Advisory , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Wind Chill Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Wind Chill Advisory
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Wind Chill Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory
- Minnesota - Wind Chill Advisory , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Montana - Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Wind Chill Advisory
- New Jersey - Special Statement
- New Mexico - Special Statement
- New York - Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Warning , Lake Effect Snow Watch , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Wind Chill Advisory , Special Statement
- Oregon - High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Air Stagnation Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory, Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Wind Chill Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Wind Chill Advisory
- Washington - Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Wind Chill Advisory
- Wisconsin - Wind Chill Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report