New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, Central and Eastern Lake County
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 10:53 PM PDT on July 31, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on August 03, 2014
... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Saturday afternoon
through Saturday evening for abundant lightning with dry fuels
for fire zones 624 and 625...
... Red flag warning will expire at 11 PM PDT this evening for
abundant lightning with dry fuels for fire zones 624 and 625...
The red flag warning will expire at 11 PM PDT this evening.
* Affected areas: northern half of fire weather zones 624 and 625
Saturday afternoon and evening...
* thunderstorms: on Saturday... scattered thunderstorms are
possible in the afternoon and evening.
* Outflow winds... 30 to 40 mph gusts are possible.
* Impacts... scattered thunderstorms combined with existing very
dry fuels will result in many fire starts in a short period
of time. Significant rainfall is expected with some of the
thunderstorms... but fire spread is likely in areas that do
not receive wetting rain.
* View the hazard area in detail at http://go.USA.Gov/zyv5
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
Statement as of 1:37 AM PDT on August 01, 2014
... Record high temperature set at Montague CA...
a record high temperature of 102 degrees was set at Montague CA
This breaks the old record of 101 set in 2009.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 4:40 AM PDT on August 01, 2014
... Medford Oregon weather review: July 2014...
Record breaking heat is the main story for July 2014 in the Medford
area. This month breaks the record for the highest average maximum
temperature set back in 1911; the highest average minimum temperature
set in 2013; and the highest average monthly temperature also set
back in 2013. July started off as a scorcher with the first triple
digit day of the year occurring on the 1st of the month. High
pressure allowed for conditions to remain hot throughout most of
July with 25 days reaching above 90 degrees and 13 days reaching
triple digits. There was a brief reprieve from the hot weather near
the end of the month when a cold front brought unseasonably cool
temperatures with it on the 21st through the 24th. On these days,
temperatures only rose into the 70s and 80s. Unfortunately, the heat
returned in full force providing the hottest day of the year on the
28th at 106 degrees. Temperatures have since remained in the triple
digits to close out July. In addition to the heat, thunderstorms did
occur throughout our area with a few of them becoming severe. There
were only 4 days where the Medford Airport measured rainfall, but 3
of the days saw only 0.01 of an inch or less. The heaviest amount was
measured on the 23rd topping out at 0.09 inches. This, however, did
little for the ongoing drought; and the abundant lightning associated
with some of these storms ignited several new fires around our cwa.
The average temperature for July was 79.9 degrees which was 5.8
degrees above normal. The average maximum temperature was 96.9
degrees which was 6.2 degrees above normal. The average minimum
temperature was 63.0 degrees which was 5.6 degrees above normal. The
highest temperature for the month was 106 degrees on the 28th. The
lowest temperature for the month was 48 degrees on the 24th.
There were 28 clear days, 2 partly cloudy days, and 1 cloudy day.
Total precipitation was 0.10 inches which was 0.18 inches below
normal. The greatest 24 hour total was 0.09 inches that fell on the
23rd. The water year (beginning September 1st) stands
at 15.20 inches which is 2.75 inches below normal. Calendar year
precipitation is 10.76 inches which is 1.02 inches above normal.
The average wind for the month was 5.1 mph. The fastest recorded
two-minute wind was 32 mph from the southeast on the 30th. The peak
wind was 36 mph also from the southeast on the 30th.
The highest pressure for the month was 30.28 inches on the 24th.
The lowest pressure was 29.64 inches on the 1st.
- Alabama - Special Statement , Record Report
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- California - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Illinois - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Special Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Tropical Storm Warning
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Tropical Storm Warning
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- West Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report