New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Southern Lander County and Southern Eureka County
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 5:11 AM PDT on October 31, 2014
Expires 5:00 PM EDT on November 01, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 2 am to 2 PM
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow remains in
effect from 2 am to 2 PM PDT Saturday.
* Snow accumulations: 1-3 inches above 6000 feet... 3-6 inches in
* Timing: snow will begin accumulating on roads early Saturday
morning with melting occurring on roads after sunrise.
* Winds: west to southwest 15 to 25 mph... with gusts to 35 mph
* impacts: roads above 6000 feet will experience slippery and snow
covered conditions... especially near passes including US Highway
50... and 6. After 10 am most of the roads will mainly be wet
with minor snow accumulations and some slippery spots on passes
above 6500 feet. Visibility will drop to a half mile or less in
heavier snow showers and in blowing snow.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that travel difficulties are
expected due to wintry conditions. Be prepared for slippery roads
and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving. For the
latest Road conditions call 511 or visit www.Nvroads.Com.
Statement as of 2:35 AM PDT on October 31, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on November 01, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 10 am this morning to
11 PM PDT this evening...
A Wind Advisory remains in effect from 10 am this morning to
11 PM PDT this evening.
* Winds: south to southwest 25 to 35 mph... with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing: strongest winds will be during the afternoon hours.
* Impacts: motorists should be prepared for strong winds and
hazardous driving conditions... especially when driving high
profile vehicles... areas of blowing dust are possible.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 30 mph with gusts
in excess of 45 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make
driving difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Use
Statement as of 2:46 AM PDT on October 31, 2014
... Record high temperature tied at Ely Airport NV...
the record high temperature of 72 degrees was tied at Ely Airport
NV yesterday. The old record of 72 set in 1965.
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert
- Colorado - Special Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Freeze Warning
- Maine - Winter Storm Watch
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Nebraska - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Freeze Warning, Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch
- Rhode Island - High Wind Watch
- South Carolina - Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Wind Advisory, Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Virginia - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Washington - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Air Quality Alert
- - Gale Warning