New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Western Nevada Basin and Range including Pyramid Lake
Statement as of 3:06 AM PDT on October 25, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on October 26, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 11 am this morning to
11 PM PDT this evening...
A Wind Advisory remains in effect from 11 am this morning to
11 PM PDT this evening.
* Timing: winds will increase late this morning and continue
through the afternoon... then slowly diminish this evening.
* Winds: south to southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50
* Impacts: hazardous travel conditions for high profile vehicles
with travel restrictions possible on Highway 95. Blowing dust
may create sudden reductions in visibility. If you have outdoor
decorations... make sure they are secured or brought indoors
before Saturday morning.
Motorists... especially in high profile vehicles... should use
caution and remain alert for sudden gusts or cross winds. Check
our website at weather.Gov/Reno or listen to NOAA Weather Radio
for updates on this situation.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:57 PM PDT on October 24, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on October 25, 2014
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 8 am to 8 PM PDT
Saturday for strong winds and low humidity for west central
* affected area... fire zone 453 west central Nevada basin and
range and fire zone 459 Mineral and southern Lyon counties.
* Winds... southwest 20 to 35 mph with gusts to 55 mph. Strongest
winds north of Highway 50.
* Humidity... 11 to 19 percent.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity will
create critical fire weather conditions.
A red flag warning means weather conditions can cause fires to
grow rapidly in size and intensity before first responders can
contain them. Avoid doing outdoor activities that can create a
spark near dry vegetation... such as yard work... target shooting...
or campfires. Continue to check weather.Gov/Reno for updates and
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Blizzard Watch
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Dense Fog Advisory
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory
- Texas - Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Record Report