New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Eastern San Miguel County
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 9:32 PM MDT on July 28, 2014
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on July 29, 2014
837 PM MDT Mon Jul 28 2014
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued an
* Arroyo and Small Stream Flood Advisory for...
west central San Miguel County in northeast New Mexico
* until 1130 PM MDT
* at 925 PM MDT National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated
slow moving thunderstorms producing heavy rainfall within the
area from near North San Ysidro to sands... San Jose... Ribera
and Pueblo. This activity is moving east near 15 mph. These
storms have the potential to produce a quick one half inch to
1.5 inches of rain in less than 1 hour. Heavy rainfall will
impact drainages leading from Cow Creek and Apache Canyon into
the Pecos River. Strong and high flows are possible in low water
crossings and arroyos near County Road b43b... access roads to
Interstate 25... Highway 3 toward Sena and Villanueva... and
County Road b31a.
* Strong flows and high water levels are expected in arroyos... small
streams and over low water crossings. Rapid runoff can also be
expected immediately over and downstream from wildfire burn scars.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to tell how much
water is on the Road... do not drive through fast moving water of
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
Lat... Lon 3550 10558 3555 10547 3526 10534 3527 10554
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect until 4 am MDT Tuesday...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* a portion of north and central New Mexico... including the
following areas... Chuska Mountains... east slopes Sangre de Cristo
Mountains... eastern San Miguel County... far northeast Highlands...
far northwest Highlands... Harding County... Jemez Mountains...
northeast Highlands... northern Sangre de Cristo Mountains above
9500 feet/Red River... northwest Highlands... northwest plateau...
Raton ridge/Johnson Mesa... San Francisco River Valley... San Juan
Mountains... south central mountains... southern Sangre de Cristo
Mountains above 9500 feet... Southwest Mountains... Union County...
west Central Highlands... west central mountains... west Central
Plateau and west slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains.
* Until 4 am MDT Tuesday
* an upper level disturbance will shift slowly from west central
to north central New Mexico tonight. With weak steering flow
aloft and a very moist airmass in place... slow moving
thunderstorms will be capable of producing very heavy rain and
* The ground is already saturated from recent heavy rainfall
across much of northeast New Mexico... as well as the
western... northern and south central mountains... making these
locations especially susceptible to flash flooding tonight.
Other vulnerable locations will include steep terrain... urban
areas and burn scars. Keep a watchful eye on arroyos and small
streams... and stay out of flooded low water crossings. Monitor
the latest forecasts closely and be prepared to take immediate
action if a warning or advisory is issued.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to
flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
Monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should flash
flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Guam - Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Heat Advisory
- Illinois - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Special Statement
- Maryland - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Public Information Statement