Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Sandia/Manzano Mountains
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 2:50 PM MDT on April 19, 2018
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on April 20, 2018
... High Wind Warning remains in effect until 3 am MDT Friday...
* location... west Central Highlands, Santa Fe and Albuquerque
Metro areas, Sandia/Manzano Mountains, and the Estancia
* Winds... south to southeast 30 to 45 mph with gusts of 55 to 65
mph. Strongest sustained and peak winds are likely along the
western foothills of the Sandia and Manzano Mountains and
eastern foothills of the Albuquerque Metro area.
* Timing... winds will increase this afternoon, peak during the
evening, then diminish late tonight. Downburst winds from any
dry showers or thunderstorms will enhance wind gusts.
* Visibility... locally reduced from 2 to 5 miles in areas of
blowing dust. Visibility may be locally reduced below 1/4 mile
near dry Arroyo beds, open fields, and construction sites.
* Local impacts... strong winds will create hazardous cross winds
on west to east oriented roadways, including Interstate 40 and
parts of Interstate 25. Blowing dust may create sudden and
very dangerous reductions to visibility. High profile vehicles
may become unstable or even blow over, light weight objects
may be tossed around, dead trees, tree limbs, and power lines
Remember, a High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:16 AM MDT on April 19, 2018
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 19, 2018
... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon today to 6 PM MDT
* area and timing... middle Rio Grande Valley from early afternoon
through early this evening.
* 20 foot winds... south to southeast 25 to 35 mph with gusts of 45
to 55 mph late this afternoon. Winds will continue to be strong
in the evening but moisture levels will be increasing.
* Relative humidity... 12 to 17 percent this afternoon.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of this red flag warning.
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory
- Arizona - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Dust Storm Warning, High Wind Warning , Dust Storm Warning, Wind Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Florida - Wind Advisory
- Georgia - Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Flood Warning
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Record Report
- Kansas - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Freeze Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory
- Montana - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Watch
- Nevada - Wind Advisory
- New Jersey - Flood Warning
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- North Carolina - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Flood Watch
- Ohio - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Freeze Warning
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement