New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, San Francisco River Valley
Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 9:54 PM MDT on September 21, 2014
825 PM MDT sun Sep 21 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Monday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* a portion of north and central New Mexico... including the
following areas... Central Highlands... Chaves County plains...
Curry County... De Baca County... eastern Lincoln County...
Guadalupe County... lower Rio Grande Valley... Quay County...
Roosevelt County... San Francisco River Valley... south Central
Highlands... south central mountains... southwest Chaves County...
Southwest Mountains and upper Tularosa Valley.
* Through Monday evening
* an upper level storm system centered over the Great Basin Sunday
evening will track through the central rockies on Monday. In
advance of this system... moist low level east winds and a tap of
monsoon moisture will persist. The combination of these features
will keep showers and thunderstorms active through Monday
evening... and therefore the likelihood of heavy rainfall over
the watch area.
* Locations which have received heavy rainfall recently will be
most susceptible to flash flooding. Other vulnerable locations
include poor drainage areas... steep terrain and burn scars such
as the Little Bear and Whitewater Baldy. Keep a watchful eye on
small streams and arroyos... and avoid flooded low water
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to
flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
Monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should flash
flood warnings be issued.
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued an
* Arroyo and Small Stream Flood Advisory for...
central Catron County in west central New Mexico
* until 1015 PM MDT
* at 821 PM MDT National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated
heavy rain from thunderstorms between Old Horse Springs and
Beaverhead. Rainfall rates exceeding one inch an hour were
associated with these storms. The storms producing the heavy
rain were moving to the east and southeast and will impact
Forest service roads 551... 30..94 and 150.
* Strong flows and high water levels are expected in arroyos... small
streams and over low water crossings.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
Lat... Lon 3350 10811 3346 10841 3388 10868 3419 10788
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 4:18 PM MDT on September 21, 2014
Preliminary rainfall reports across north and central New Mexico
for the last 16 hours.
... County... storm total time/date of
location /inches/ measurement
... Catron County...
Mogollon 10 ESE 0.53 1050 am 9/21
Mogollon 14 se 0.40 950 am 9/21
Old Horse Springs 19 SSE 0.28 211 PM 9/21
- Pelona Mountain RAWS.
Beaverhead 0.14 708 am 9/21
- Beaverhead RAWS.
Reserve 1 WNW 0.14 1008 am 9/21
- Reserve RAWS.
Luna 1 ENE 0.14 1007 am 9/21
- Luna RAWS.
... Chaves County...
Dunken 2 NE 0.89 417 PM 9/21
- Dunken RAWS.
Roswell 3 NW 0.80 115 PM 9/21
Bitter Lake wildlife ref 14 NNE 0.78 416 PM 9/21
- Eight Mile draw RAWS.
Roswell 4 N 0.71 100 PM 9/21
Roswell 4 SSE 0.70 416 PM 9/21
- krow ASOS.
Mesa 13 SSE 0.27 552 am 9/21
Roswell 0.18 915 am 9/21
... Cibola County...
Pine Hill 14 SSE 0.16 336 PM 9/21
- Ramah RAWS.
... Lincoln County...
Arabela 12 ENE 1.32 341 PM 9/21
- portable RAWS.
Arabela 6 ENE 0.50 630 am 9/21
Bonito Lake 2 S 0.45 339 PM 9/21
Alto 2 se 0.22 830 am 9/21
Fort Stanton 2 SSW 0.19 415 PM 9/21
- ksrr AWOS.
Ruidoso 1 NNW 0.12 416 PM 9/21
- smokey bear RAWS.
Bonito Lake 0.10 414 PM 9/21
Bonito Lake 5 SW 0.10 415 PM 9/21
... McKinley County...
Zuni Pueblo 7 NW 0.22 842 am 9/21
- Zuni Buttes RAWS.
... Mora County...
Wagon Mound 11 ENE 0.30 1130 am 9/21
... San Juan County...
Navajo Dam 12 N 0.22 526 am 9/21
- Albino Canyon RAWS.
... Socorro County...
Socorro 2 S 0.38 413 PM 9/21
- konm AWOS.
La Joya 2 WNW 0.28 338 PM 9/21
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory
- Arizona - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Maine - Dense Fog Advisory
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Michigan - Frost Advisory
- Nevada - Dense Smoke Advisory , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement