New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Southwest Mountains
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:16 AM MDT on September 21, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Monday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* a portion of north and central New Mexico... including the
following areas... Central Highlands... Chaves County plains...
Curry County... De Baca County... eastern Lincoln County...
Guadalupe County... Quay County... Roosevelt County... San Francisco
River Valley... south central mountains... southwest Chaves County
and Southwest Mountains.
* Through Monday evening
* an upper level storm system over central California will track
slowly eastward today and pass through the central and southern
rockies Monday. Ahead of this system... an extended period of
moist low level east winds along with a tap of monsoon moisture
from Mexico is expected. The combination of these features will
lead to increased shower and thunderstorm activity and the
likelihood of heavy rainfall over the watch area.
* Locations which have received heavy rainfall recently will be
most susceptible to flash flooding. Other vulnerable locations
include poor drainage areas... steep terrain and burn scars such
as the Little Bear and Whitewater Baldy. Keep a watchful eye on
small streams and arroyos... and avoid flooded low water
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to
flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
Monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should flash
flood warnings be issued.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 7:57 AM MDT on September 21, 2014
Preliminary rainfall reports across north and central New Mexico
for the last 22 hours.
... County... storm total time/date of
location /inches/ measurement
... Catron County...
Pleasanton 4 ESE 0.88 545 PM 9/20
Reserve 1 WNW 0.60 308 am 9/21
- Reserve RAWS.
Pleasanton 0.50 500 PM 9/20
Mogollon 10 ESE 0.33 440 PM 9/20
Mogollon 3 WSW 0.21 645 PM 9/20
Luna 1 ENE 0.21 907 PM 9/20
- Luna RAWS.
Mogollon 1 WSW 0.16 713 PM 9/20
- Mogollon RAWS.
... Chaves County...
Mesa 13 SSE 0.19 436 am 9/21
Bitter Lake wildlife ref 14 NNE 0.11 437 am 9/21
- Eight Mile draw RAWS.
Roswell 3 NW 0.10 630 am 9/21
... Lincoln County...
Arabela 6 ENE 0.50 630 am 9/21
Arabela 12 ENE 0.21 520 am 9/21
- portable RAWS.
Oscuro 18 WSW 0.14 830 PM 9/20
... San Juan County...
Navajo Dam 12 N 0.22 526 am 9/21
- Albino Canyon RAWS.
... Sandoval County...
Jemez Springs 11 NE 0.14 930 PM 9/20
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Jersey - Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement
- Utah - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory