Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Far Northwest Highlands
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:01 AM MDT on August 02, 2015
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on August 03, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from noon MDT today through this
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for a portion of north and central nm...
including the following areas... Central Highlands... Chuska
Mountains... east slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains... eastern San
Miguel County... Estancia valley... far northeast Highlands... far
northwest Highlands... Guadalupe County... Jemez Mountains... lower
Chama River Valley... middle Rio Grande Valley/Albuquerque Metro
area... northeast Highlands... northern Sangre de Cristos above
9500 feet/Red River... northwest Highlands... northwest plateau...
Raton ridge/Johnson Mesa... San Francisco River Valley... San Juan
Mountains... Sandia/Manzano Mountains... Santa Fe Metro area...
southern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet... Southwest
Mountains... upper Rio Grande Valley... west Central Highlands...
west central mountains... west Central Plateau and west slopes
Sangre de Cristo Mountains.
* From noon MDT today through this evening
* a very moist airmass remains in place over much of New Mexico...
and this will once again support scattered to numerous showers
and thunderstorms... primarily over central to northwestern New
Mexico. Periods of heavy rainfall may lead to flash flooding
with rainfall rates commonly approaching 1 to 3 inches per
* Locales that will be most susceptible to flash flooding include
those around steep terrain... urban drainages... and areas that
have recently experienced heavy rainfall over the past few days.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to
flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
Monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should flash
flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Weather Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Air Quality Alert
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory