New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, West Slopes Sacramento Mountains Below 7500 Feet
High Wind Watch
Statement as of 3:31 PM MDT on April 24, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on April 26, 2014
... High wind watch in effect from Saturday morning through
The National Weather Service in El Paso TX/Santa Teresa has
issued a high wind watch... which is in effect from Saturday
morning through Saturday evening.
* Event: high winds Saturday with blowing dust.
* Timing: winds will increase throughout the morning Saturday and
reach their peak of 35 to 50 mph in the early/mid afternoon.
Winds will begin diminishing mid evening.
* Impact: strong winds will make travel difficult... especially for
high profile vehicles. Blowing dust will also be a hazard.
* Visibility: widespread dust mainly along and south of a line
from Hatch to Alamogordo with visibilities to three to five
miles. Local visibilities could drop to less than one mile mainly
south of Interstate 10 from El Paso west.
A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph... or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 1:46 PM MDT on April 24, 2014
... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Saturday morning
through Saturday evening for strong winds and low humidity for
fire weather zones 055... 056... 110... 111... 112 and 113.
* Event: Fire Weather Watch for elevations below 7500 ft msl.
* Timing: 10 ... am MDT to 10 PM MDT Saturday.
* Wind: southwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 50 mph.
* Humidity: 5 to 15 percent below 7500 ft msl.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
- Alabama - Special Statement
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- Connecticut - Freeze Warning
- Delaware - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- New Hampshire - Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oregon - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Texas - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Vermont - Flood Warning
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement