New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Northern Dona Ana County
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 11:57 PM MDT on September 22, 2014
Expires 2:00 PM EDT on September 23, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through Tuesday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of nm and TX... including the counties of Sierra... Otero
and Dona Ana in New Mexico... and El Paso and Hudspeth in Texas.
* Through Tuesday morning.
* Scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms capable of
producing widespread moderate to heavy rainfall may occur over
the affected area through midnight. Widespread rain amounts of 1
to 3 inches with isolated higher amounts will fall on already
saturated soil... resulting in considerable runoff.
* Normally dry arroyos... streams... and river could be quickly
filled with fast moving water... mud and debris. Low water
crossings will likely become impassable. Flooding of streets...
homes and businesses in low lying and flood prone areas will
be possible. Some flooding could become life threatening.
People living in flood prone areas should be prepared to take
action if rising water is seen.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Areal Flood Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Frost Advisory
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Nevada - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory
- New Mexico - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Washington - Special Statement
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Wisconsin - Special Statement