Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 7:49 PM CDT on August 16, 2017
Expires 8:45 PM EDT on August 17, 2017
The National Weather Service in Hastings has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
northwestern Clay County in south central Nebraska...
northeastern Adams County in south central Nebraska...
York County in east central Nebraska...
Hamilton County in south central Nebraska...
Polk County in east central Nebraska...
southeastern Hall County in south central Nebraska...
* until 745 PM CDT Thursday
* Doppler radar indicated that much of the warned area has received
at least 2 to 5 inches of rain since late Tuesday afternoon, with
locally higher amounts of 5 to 7 inches. These highest amounts
mainly concentrated within Polk County, and also northeastern
Adams, southeastern Hall and southern Hamilton counties.
* Flooding is still occurring at the confluence of Flat Creek and
the West Fork of the big Blue River in northwestern Adams County.
* Although most of the warning area will receive no more rainfall
overnight and Thursday, fairly extensive flooding of local creeks,
streams, low-lying areas and some rural roads will likely continue
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
York, Aurora, Stromsburg, Harvard, Henderson, Osceola, Shelby,
Hampton, McCool Junction, Giltner, Polk, Phillips, Bradshaw, Waco,
Benedict, Marquette, Gresham, Trumbull, Hordville and Stockham.
Lat... Lon 4070 9782 4062 9805 4061 9835 4075 9834
4093 9822 4109 9798 4112 9788 4131 9765
4139 9737 4070 9737
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Georgia - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois -
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Iowa - Record Report
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory
- Maine - High Surf Advisory
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory
- Missouri -
- Montana - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada -
- New Jersey - Special Statement
- New Mexico -
- New York -
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Ohio -
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert
- Pennsylvania -
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Fire Weather Watch
- Wisconsin - Special Statement, Beach Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement