New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
North Dakota, Dickey
Statement as of 1:01 AM CDT on August 31, 2014
Expires 3:00 AM EDT on August 31, 2014
... Strong thunderstorm in McIntosh County...
At 1258 am CDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated a
strong thunderstorm 7 miles southeast of Ashley... or 34 miles west of
Ellendale... moving northeast at 40 mph.
One half inch diameter hail... winds up to 30 mph... continuous cloud
to ground lightning... brief heavy downpours... will accompany this
Locations near the path of this storm include...
Gusty winds may cause small objects such as trash bins to blow
around. Stay away from high objects outdoors such as trees. Heavy
rainfall can lead to flooding of low lying areas such as ditches and
underpasses. Seek shelter in a sturdy structure until this storm has
Lat... Lon 4663 9922 4643 9852 4593 9865 4593 9950
time... Mot... loc 0559z 216deg 37kt 4600 9922
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 7:34 PM CDT on August 30, 2014
... Safety rules for severe Summer storms...
A Severe Thunderstorm Watch has been issued by the National Weather
Service. The following information and safety rules may save your
A watch means that weather conditions are favorable for the
development of severe thunderstorms and possibly tornadoes.
During a watch... you should go about your normal business... but
stay updated on the latest weather developments and be prepared
to go to a place of safety.
A warning means that severe thunderstorms or tornadoes have been
reported... or have been detected by radar. People in the warned area
should seek shelter immediately.
Severe thunderstorms produce damaging winds... large hail... heavy
rains... and deadly lightning. Watch for signs of an approaching
storm. Keep a NOAA Weather Radio with you.
Flying debris from damaging thunderstorm winds can injure or
kill. Seek shelter from the wind. Stay away from windows and move
to the center of the building.
Lightning is a killer so do not use electrical appliances during
thunderstorms. Use the phone only in an emergency. If caught
outdoors... get off of open vehicles such as farm and construction
Avoid areas prone to flash flooding such as Dry Creek beds... small
streams and dips in the Road.
- Alaska - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Record Report
- Idaho - Special Statement
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Michigan - Areal Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Public Information Statement