Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Inland Pender
Statement as of 10:26 PM EDT on October 04, 2015
Expires 2:26 PM EDT on October 05, 2015
... Flood Warning now in effect until further notice...
the Flood Warning continues for
the Northeast Cape fear near Burgaw.
* From late Monday night until further notice.
* At 9:30 PM Sunday the stage was 8.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by early Tuesday morning and continue to
rise to near 11.7 feet by early Thursday morning.
* Impact... at 11.5 feet... floodwaters begin to affect roads in Alligator Lake
subdivision. Flooding worsens in the River Bend and river birch subdivisions
and along croomsbridge Road and old Maple Hill Road.
Lat... Lon 3472 7798 3472 7786 3460 7776 3445 7779
3444 7788 3457 7788
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:56 AM EDT on October 05, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of southeast North Carolina and northeast South
Carolina... including the following in southeast ... North
Carolina... Bladen... coastal Brunswick... coastal New Hanover...
coastal Pender... Columbus... inland Brunswick... inland New
Hanover... inland Pender and Robeson. In northeast South
Carolina... coastal Georgetown... Darlington... Dillon...
Florence... inland Georgetown... Marion... Marlboro...
Williamsburg... coastal Horry and inland Horry.
* Through this evening
* historic and life-threatening flooding is occurring across the
watch area. There have been reports of flash flood waters
inundating structures to include homes. Numerous streams...
ditches and retention ponds have overflowed their banks to flood
nearby areas. Some earthen dams and levees have reportedly
overflowed or failed. Larger rivers continue to rise and we are
expecting most will reach moderate to major flood thresholds
during the week. Further evacuations may be needed in the
hardest hit areas. You should consider a place of safety if you
live near a body of water or in a low-lying areas.
* Another day of flash flood warnings anticipated as 2-4 inches
of additional rainfall are expected along the coast and coastal
interior... and 1-2 inch amounts over deeper interior locals of
NE SC and se NC. A drying trend is expected late tonight.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued. Never drive through any
flooded roadway... turn around don't drown. Travel is discouraged
Sunday night into Monday.
Statement as of 3:47 AM EDT on October 05, 2015
Expires 2:00 PM EDT on October 05, 2015
... Wind Advisory now in effect until 2 PM EDT this afternoon...
* winds... northeast 20 to 25 mph with gusts up 35 mph.
* Timing... through early afternoon today.
* Impacts... strong and persistent winds in combination with
saturated ground could bring down some trees and power lines.
Any downed trees could cause significant damage to homes and
vehicles... and in the worse case human life.
Some power outages may occur. If outdoors... please be cognizant
of your surroundings.
Statement as of 4:41 AM EDT on October 04, 2015
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Florence SC...
a record rainfall of 2.03 inches was set at Florence SC yesterday.
This breaks the old record of 1.59 set in 1994.
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Advisory
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Indiana - Record Report
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maine - High Surf Advisory , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Montana - Freeze Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory
- New Mexico - Dense Fog Advisory
- New York - High Surf Advisory , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Warning, High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Flash Flood Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory
- Virginia - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Warning, High Surf Advisory
- Wyoming - Dense Fog Advisory