Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Carteret
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 4:09 PM EDT on August 29, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on August 30, 2015
... Beach hazards statement now in effect through Sunday evening...
* hazards... high risk of rip currents.
* Location... along the beaches north of Cape Lookout.
* Timing and tides... the most likely time for strong rip currents
is a few hours either side of low tide... which occurs around 2
PM Sunday afternoon.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs posted near beach
access points and lifeguard stations.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current... since it can
exhaust and even kill the strongest swimmer.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert
- Texas - Record Report
- Washington - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement