New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Anson
Statement as of 5:26 AM EDT on August 01, 2014
Expires 6:30 AM EDT on August 01, 2014
... A strong thunderstorm will affect portions of northwestern
Richmond... southern Montgomery... northeastern Anson and southeastern
Stanly counties until 630 am EDT...
At 523 am EDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated a
strong thunderstorm 9 miles northwest of Rockingham or near Blewett
Falls Lake... moving north at 15 mph.
Wind gusts up to 40 mph will be possible with this storm.
Locations impacted include...
Albemarle... Troy... Biscoe... Norwood... Mount Gilead... Ellerbe...
Candor... Lilesville... Lake Tillery... Badin Lake... Norman and Pekin.
Locally heavy rain will quickly reduce visibility and result in
ponding of water on roadways. Drivers are urged to slow down and use
extra caution to avoid hydroplaning.
If on or near Lake Tillery and Badin Lake... get out of the water and
move indoors or inside a vehicle. Remember... lightning can strike
out to 15 miles from the parent thunderstorm. If you can hear
thunder... you are close enough to be struck by lightning. Move to
safe shelter now. Do not be caught on the water in a thunderstorm.
Lat... Lon 3536 8030 3536 7973 3530 7971 3496 7976
time... Mot... loc 0923z 180deg 14kt 3504 7987
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning
- California - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement , Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Tropical Storm Warning
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Tropical Storm Warning
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report