New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Cabarrus
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 8:25 PM EDT on April 19, 2014
Expires 11:30 PM EDT on April 19, 2014
The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued an
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for heavy rainfall in...
Cabarrus County in the Piedmont of North Carolina...
* until 1130 PM EDT
* at 820 PM EDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated an
area of heavy rainfall across the advisory area. Doppler radar
estimated that approximately 3 inches of rain has fallen across
the advisory area over the last 18 hours with an additional inch
to inch and a half possible through the overnight.
* Runoff from this rainfall has caused minor flooding to occur...
especially along small streams and near low water crossings. Some
locations that will experience minor flooding include... Concord...
Charlotte motor Speedway... Harrisburg... I-85 at Highway 73...
Kannapolis... Midland and Mount Pleasant.
Cabarrus dot indicates that flooding on Bowman barrier Road has
warranted partial closure of the roadway through the overnight.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding. If flooding is observed act quickly. Do not
drive through areas where water covers the roadway.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
Please report high water... flooding... landslides or other severe
weather to the National Weather Service Greenville Spartanburg by
calling toll free... 1... 800... 2 6 7... 8 1 0 1... or by posting on our
facebook Page... or tweet it using hashtag nwsgsp. Your message should
describe the event and the specific location where it occurred.
Lat... Lon 3534 8039 3519 8050 3527 8067 3535 8069
3540 8077 3542 8075 3549 8079 3550 8078
3551 8074 3550 8030
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Warning
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Flood Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory , Frost Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Vermont - Flood Warning
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning