New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Henderson
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 10:40 PM EST on March 06, 2014
Expires 12:00 PM EST on March 07, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until noon EST Friday...
* locations... the eastern Blue Ridge Escarpment... and the
northern foothills of North Carolina.
* Hazards... heavy snow and sleet accumulations tonight... then
possible light ice accumulation Friday morning.
* Timing... sleet... mixed with freezing rain is expected to fall
the rest of the night across the warned area. A few locations
along the Blue Ridge Escarpment will also see periods of snow.
* Accumulations... snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches...
along with a trace to a tenth of an inch of ice.
* Impacts... slippery roads due to the combination of snow...
sleet... and ice.
* Temperatures... lows in the upper 20s to lower 30s.
* Winds... northeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow...
sleet... and ice are expected or occurring. Gusty winds are also
possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
Please report snow and ice accumulations... as well as any damage
to trees or structures... by calling the National Weather Service
toll free at... 1... 800... 2 6 7... 8 1 0 1. Leave a message with
your observation and the specific location where it occurred. You
can also Post your report to National Weather Service Greenville
Spartanburg facebook or tweet your report using hashtag nwsgsp.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.
Local Storm Report
03/06/2014 0630 PM
Hendersonville, Henderson County.
Sleet e0.0 inch, reported by public.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 11:04 PM EST on March 06, 2014
The following are unofficial snow and/or sleet observations taken
during the past 9 hours for the storm that has been affecting our
region. Appreciation is extended to Highway departments...
cooperative observers... Skywarn spotters... media and the public for
these reports. This summary is also available on our home Page at
********************storm total snowfall********************
Location storm total time/date comments
... Rabun County...
4 NW Clayton 0.3 626 PM 3/06 co-op observer
Clayton T 530 PM 3/06 Emergency Mngr
... Alexander County...
Stony Point 0.5 710 PM 3/06 public
2 SW Stony Point T 525 PM 3/06 public
2 N Bethlehem T 520 PM 3/06 public
... Avery County...
Beech Mountain 1.5 943 PM 3/06 local police
... Buncombe County...
3 NNE Fairview 1.0 733 PM 3/06 3700 feet
5 N Bat Cave 0.1 642 PM 3/06 public
avl Airport T 701 PM 3/06 Fire Dept/Rescue
Asheville T 745 PM 3/06 amateur radio
... Burke County...
1 WSW Drexel 0.3 926 PM 3/06 broadcast media
1 NNW Longview T 600 PM 3/06 Hickory Airport
Drexel T 600 PM 3/06 social media report
Morganton T 605 PM 3/06 public
... Cabarrus County...
Kannapolis T 443 PM 3/06 public
... Caldwell County...
2 ESE Lenoir 0.2 730 PM 3/06 social media report
Lenoir T 641 PM 3/06 amateur radio
... Catawba County...
2 WNW Newton T 508 PM 3/06 public
... Cleveland County...
Polkville T 457 PM 3/06 social media report
Kings Mountain T 335 PM 3/06 public
... Davie County...
1 S Mocksville T 633 PM 3/06 public
... Gaston County...
Gastonia T 322 PM 3/06 public
... Haywood County...
Canton T 620 PM 3/06 public
... Henderson County...
Hendersonville T 630 PM 3/06 public
... Iredell County...
1 E Harmony T 547 PM 3/06 public
... McDowell County...
5 NW Woodlawn 4.0 1050 PM 3/06 public
2 NW Marion 0.2 820 PM 3/06 co-op observer
... Mecklenburg County...
Charlotte T 315 PM 3/06 public
... Mitchell County...
2 SSE Spruce Pine 2.0 956 PM 3/06 social media report
... Polk County...
1 N Saluda T 530 PM 3/06 cocorahs
... Rowan County...
Salisbury T 500 PM 3/06 public
2 NNW Salisbury T 545 PM 3/06 public
... Rutherford County...
Forest City T 454 PM 3/06 social media report
... Transylvania County...
2 W Little River T 650 PM 3/06 public
... Oconee County...
Salem 0.1 631 PM 3/06 public
Walhalla T 408 PM 3/06 trained spotter
... York County...
Fort Mill T 700 PM 3/06 social media report
- Alabama - Special Statement
- Alaska - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Wind Chill Advisory, Winter Storm Watch , Wind Chill Advisory
- Arizona - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- District of Columbia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory
- Georgia - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Maryland - Winter Weather Advisory
- Michigan - Record Report
- Minnesota - Winter Weather Advisory , Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Special Statement
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Air Quality Alert
- New Mexico - Special Statement
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory