New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Guilford
Statement as of 6:17 PM EDT on July 24, 2014
Expires 7:15 PM EDT on July 24, 2014
... A strong thunderstorm will affect portions of northwestern
Guilford and Forsyth counties until 715 PM EDT...
At 617 PM EDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated a
strong thunderstorm near Pilot Mountain State Park... or near East
Bend... moving southeast at 35 mph.
Wind gusts up to 40 mph will be possible with this storm.
Locations impacted include...
Greensboro... Winston-Salem... High Point... Kernersville... Clemmons...
Lewisville... Summerfield... Stokesdale... Walkertown and Rural Hall.
Seek shelter in a nearby building or vehicle. Wind gusts as high as
40 mph are capable of knocking down tree limbs and blowing around
trash cans... lawn furniture and other light outdoor objects.
Dont wait until you see the first lightning flash before heading to
safety. Move indoors at the first sign of threatening skies or the
first sound of thunder. Deadly lightning strikes can occur well ahead
of an approaching storm... prior to the arrival of rain and wind. Make
sure that lightning is well away from your location before resuming
Lat... Lon 3614 8044 3621 8045 3622 8043 3624 8045
3626 8045 3625 7992 3604 7987 3600 8004
3601 8005 3603 8017 3603 8021 3600 8022
3600 8032 3612 8046
time... Mot... loc 2217z 293deg 28kt 3630 8049
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Illinois - Flood Advisory
- Iowa - Heat Advisory
- Kansas - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Warning
- Missouri - Heat Advisory
- Montana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Watch , Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert, Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report