Current Watches and Warnings
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 3:05 AM MDT on March 28, 2015
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on March 28, 2015
... High Wind Warning in effect from 9 am this morning to 9 PM MDT
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a High
Wind Warning... which is in effect from 9 am this morning to 9 PM
MDT this evening. The high wind watch is no longer in effect.
* Timing and main impact: westerly winds will increase Saturday
morning associated with the passage of a cold front. Behind
the cold front winds will likely increase further and could
become strong by afternoon. Winds will diminish early Saturday
evening. Travel could become hazardous for those driving high
* Winds: westerly winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 60 mph are expected.
* Other impacts: poor visibilities in blowing dust could occur
over the plains.
* Locations affected include: Fairfield... White Sulphur
Springs... Stanford... Chinook... Conrad... Shelby... Chester...
Cut Bank... Havre... Great Falls... Kings Hill Pass... Big
Sandy... Fort Benton... Flesher Pass... Helena... Lincoln...
MacDonald Pass... Rogers Pass... Lewistown... Lewistown Divide.
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Statement as of 2:08 AM MDT on March 28, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Dillon Airport Mt...
a record high temperature of 74 degrees was set at Dillon Airport
Mt yesterday. This breaks the old record of 69 set in 1986.
- Alabama - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning, Frost Advisory
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Freeze Watch
- California - Dense Fog Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- District of Columbia - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Freeze Warning
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Iowa - Fire Weather Watch
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Fire Weather Watch
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Freeze Watch
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Freeze Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Freeze Warning
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
- Utah - Record Report
- Virginia - Special Statement , Hard Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement , Public Information Statement