New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 2:27 PM CDT on October 31, 2014
Expires 9:00 AM EST on November 02, 2014
... Freeze watch remains in effect from late Saturday night
through Sunday morning...
A freeze watch remains in effect from late Saturday night through
early Sunday morning.
* Temperatures: 28 to 32 degrees.
* Timing: 2 am to 8 am CST Sunday morning.
* Impacts: tender outdoor vegetation will likely be damaged by
subfreezing temperatures for a several hour duration.
A freeze watch means sub-freezing temperatures are highly likely.
These conditions could kill crops and other sensitive vegetation.
Statement as of 2:50 PM CDT on October 31, 2014
Expires 4:00 PM EDT on November 01, 2014
... High fire danger conditions expected on Saturday across portions
of south Mississippi and central Louisiana...
According to area forestry commissions and the US Forest Service,
recent dry conditions have made outdoor burning increasingly
hazardous. Conditions are such that a spark from equipment, the heat
from a catalytic converter, or any heat source could start a grass
or brush fire. The combination of dry fine fuels, such as grass, and
low relative humidity have resulted in continued fire danger across
Minimum relative humidity values will range from 20 to 25 percent
Saturday afternoon... creating high fire danger given the dry
Fires place area forestry commissions, fire departments, and other
fire control agencies in life threatening situations, and can
endanger communities. Please use caution and help prevent Forest and
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Freeze Warning
- Louisiana - Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Winter Storm Watch
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Freeze Warning
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - High Wind Watch
- South Carolina - Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Wind Advisory, Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Texas - Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Utah - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Virginia - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- - Gale Warning