New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 2:17 AM CDT on September 18, 2014
Expires 3:45 AM EDT on September 18, 2014
... Significant weather advisory for central Newton and south central
Jasper counties until 245 am CDT...
At 215 am CDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar was tracking a
strong thunderstorm near Atlas... or 9 miles southwest of Carthage...
moving southeast at 15 mph. Nickel size hail is expected with this
Locations impacted include Atlas... Diamond... Duenweg... Duquesne...
eastern Joplin... Fidelity... Granby... Oakland Park and Ritchey.
Interstate 44 between mile markers 9 and 17 will also be impacted by
This storm is producing nearly continuous cloud to ground lightning.
Seek shelter indoors immediately and stay away from windows.
Heavy rains may quickly flood low lying areas such as creeks...
ditches and underpasses. Avoid these areas and do not cross flooded
roads as automobiles can quickly stall.
Lat... Lon 3697 9415 3688 9425 3689 9442 3712 9448
time... Mot... loc 0717z 330deg 13kt 3706 9437
Local Storm Report
09/18/2014 0220 am
Diamond, Newton County.
Hail e0.88 inch, reported by law enforcement.
Road was covered by hail.
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Maine - Freeze Watch
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Minnesota - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Nevada - Special Statement , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Freeze Watch
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report