Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:15 AM CDT on July 01, 2016
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on July 04, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from Saturday morning through
The National Weather Service in St Louis has expanded the
* Flash Flood Watch to include portions of Illinois and
Missouri... including the following in ... Illinois... Monroe
IL... Saint Clair IL and Washington IL. In Missouri... Cole MO...
Crawford MO... Franklin MO... Gasconade MO... Jefferson MO...
Moniteau MO... Osage MO and Washington MO.
* From Saturday morning through Monday morning
* a stalled frontal boundary across southern Missouri and southern
Illinois this weekend will act as the focus for several rounds
of showers and thunderstorms from Saturday through Sunday night.
Locations north of Interstate 44 in Missouri and Interstate 70
in Illinois appear most likely to receive the heaviest rainfall.
Widespread rainfall amounts of 3 to 5 inches are likely in the
watch area with higher amounts possible.
* Heavy rainfall will result in flooding of low lying or poor
drainage areas... and ultimately dangerous flash flooding on
smaller creeks and streams. Significant rises on larger
streams and rivers will also be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch is advanced notice that conditions are
favorable that may lead to flash flooding. People in the watch
area... especially in flood prone areas... should use this time to
make preparations just in case. Stay informed... and be ready for
quick action if flooding is observed or if a Flash Flood Warning
- Alabama - Air Quality Alert
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- California - Flash Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- New York - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report