New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Missouri, St. Louis
Statement as of 3:53 PM CDT on July 25, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on July 26, 2014
... Heat advisory in effect from 1 PM to 7 PM CDT Saturday...
The National Weather Service in St Louis has issued a heat
advisory... which is in effect from 1 PM to 7 PM CDT Saturday.
* Timing... a dangerous combination of heat and humidity is
expected to begin by early Saturday afternoon and remain so
through early evening.
* Heat index values... up to 105 due to temperatures in the mid to
upper 90s... and dewpoints in the lower 70s.
* Impacts... the combination of hot temperatures and high
humidity will likely lead to an increased risk of heat-
related stress and illness. The very Young... the elderly...
those without air conditioning... and those participating in
strenuous outdoor activities will be the most susceptible.
Also... car interiors can reach lethal temperatures in a matter
A heat advisory is issued when high temperature and humidity
levels are expected to make it feel like it is 105 degrees or
People in the St. Louis metropolitan area can get information
about cooling centers or energy assistance related to the
excessive heat by calling the United way of greater St. Louis at
800-427-4626... or if calling from a land line phone dial 2-1-1.
You can also call cool down St. Louis at 314-241-7668.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to the early morning
or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and
heat stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work... the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency. Call 9-1-1 immediately.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- California - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Record Report
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Maryland - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Nevada - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Heat Advisory
- Utah - Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement