Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:29 AM CDT on August 05, 2015
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on August 06, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect from 7 am CDT this morning
through late tonight...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of Illinois and Missouri... including the following
counties... in Illinois... Monroe IL... Randolph IL... St. Clair
IL and Washington IL. In Missouri... Cole MO... Crawford MO...
Franklin MO... Gasconade MO... Iron MO... Jefferson MO... Madison
MO... Moniteau MO... Osage MO... Reynolds MO... St. Francois MO...
Ste. Genevieve MO and Washington MO.
* From 7 am CDT this morning through late tonight
* multiple rounds of showers and thunderstorms will bring
widespread rainfall amounts of up to 2 inches to the region
through late tonight. Locally higher amounts are
possible... particularly across portions of southeastern
* Heavy rainfall may result in flooding of low lying or poor
drainage areas... and ultimately dangerous flash flooding on
smaller creeks and streams. Significant rises on larger
streams and rivers will also be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that flash flooding is possible but not
imminent in the watch area. People in the watch area should be
aware of the possibility of heavy rainfall and flash flooding.
Check your preparedness requirements... especially if you live in
flood prone areas. Stay informed... and be ready for quick action
if flooding is observed or if a Flash Flood Warning is issued.
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Guam - Areal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Nebraska - Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Heat Advisory
- Oregon - Fire Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning
- Wyoming - Record Report