Current Watches and Warnings
Minnesota, South Cass
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 8:59 PM CST on December 19, 2014
Expires 1:00 PM EST on December 20, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect until noon CST Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Duluth has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for a mixture of freezing drizzle... light snow
and fog... which is in effect until noon CST Saturday.
* Location... all of north central Minnesota to the north and west
of a line roughly from Lake Mille lacs to the twin ports. This
includes Duluth... the Iron Range cities... the entire Brainerd
lakes area... International Falls and Ely.
* Timing... overnight and Saturday morning.
* Snow accumulations... trace to a half inch.
* Ice accumulations... a light coating of ice on exposed surfaces
and untreated roadways.
* Visibility... between a half mile and 2 miles through Saturday morning.
* Impacts... the combination of freezing drizzle and some light
snow accompanied by widespread fog will result in slick roads
and potentially hazardous travel conditions... especially on
secondary and untreated roadways.
A Winter Weather Advisory for freezing drizzle... light snow and
locally dense fog means roads... sidewalks and other untreated
exposed surfaces will likely become slick and hazardous due to a
light coating of ice and snow. The slippery conditions will also
be accompanied by locally reduced visibilities. Use extreme
caution when walking or driving... and be especially aware of
bridges... overpasses... ramps and other elevated surfaces and
untreated roads. If traveling... allow extra time to reach your
- Arkansas - Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Watch , Record Report
- Maine - Record Report
- Minnesota - Winter Weather Advisory
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Weather Statement , Dense Fog Advisory
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Oregon - Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Winter Storm Watch
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch