Current Watches and Warnings
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 8:44 PM CDT on June 27, 2016
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on June 29, 2016
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect from 2 am EDT /1 am
CDT/ Tuesday through late Tuesday night...
* high wave action and dangerous swimming conditions expected.
* Strong rip currents expected.
* Strong structural currents expected.
* Overview/potential impacts... north winds at 10 to 20 mph will
create 3 to 6 foot waves overnight through Tuesday evening.
Life threatening waves and currents are expected at the beaches.
People visiting the beaches should stay out of the water.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from the shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in
sandbars. Rip currents can sweep you into deeper water.
Structural currents form along piers where longshore currents and
wave action flow into the structure. Structural currents can
sweep you out into deeper water along the pier structure.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Weather Statement
- Illinois - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement, Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Special Statement
- Kentucky - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Montana - Special Statement
- Nevada - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Air Quality Alert
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Areal Flood Warning
- Wyoming - Record Report