Current Watches and Warnings
Maine, Central Somerset
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 4:08 AM EDT on March 26, 2017
Expires 5:00 PM EDT on March 27, 2017
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 8 PM this evening to
5 PM EDT Monday...
The National Weather Service in gray has issued a Winter Weather
Advisory for snow... sleet... and freezing rain... which is in
effect from 8 PM this evening to 5 PM EDT Monday.
* Hazard types... snow, sleet, and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3
inches... along with up to one quarter of an inch of ice.
* Timing... precipitation will begin as a period of snow late this
evening and will change to sleet and freezing rain overnight
tonight and into the day on Monday. Temperatures are expected to
warm during the day on Monday, changing precipitation to rain
for most areas. However, wintry precipitation could continue
into Monday night in the western Maine mountains.
* Impacts... snow, sleet, and freezing rain will cause difficult
travel conditions. Freezing rain will make driving particularly
dangerous due to slick roadways. Ice accumulation on trees will
weigh down limbs and could snap small branches.
* Winds... east 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
* Temperatures... in the upper 20s.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
For a more precise forecast for your specific location... go to
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement , Winter Weather Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Special Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia -
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Iowa - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Kansas -
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Winter Weather Advisory
- Massachusetts - Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- New Hampshire - Freezing Rain Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- New Jersey - Special Statement
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- New York - Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement
- Puerto Rico - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement, High Surf Advisory
- Rhode Island -
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Freezing Rain Advisory
- Virgin Islands - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement