New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 10:05 PM CDT on August 30, 2014
Expires 1:00 PM EDT on August 31, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through Sunday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of Louisiana and southeast Texas... including the
following areas... in Louisiana... Acadia... Allen... Beauregard...
Calcasieu... East Cameron... Evangeline... Iberia... Jefferson
Davis... Lafayette... lower St. Martin... St. Landry... St. Mary...
upper St. Martin... Vermilion and West Cameron. In southeast
Texas... Jefferson and Orange.
* Through Sunday morning
* average total rain amounts of 1-2 inches will be possible mainly
late tonight and Sunday morning.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Statement as of 5:17 PM CDT on August 30, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Lake Charles...
a record rainfall of 7.78 inches was set at Lake Charles today.
This breaks the old record of 2.5 set in 1982.
- Alaska - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Areal Flood Advisory
- Illinois - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Michigan - Areal Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Public Information Statement