New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 7:57 PM CDT on July 21, 2014
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on July 22, 2014
... Heat advisory remains in effect from noon to 8 PM CDT
A heat advisory remains in effect from noon to 8 PM CDT Tuesday.
* Temperature... heat index values around 105 degrees are
* Timing... dangerous heat indices are expected for Tuesday
afternoon and early evening.
* Impacts... those exposed to the extreme heat over a prolonged
period may be overcome by the heat and experience significant
Take extra precautions... if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work... the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency... call 9 1 1.
A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
expected. The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity
will create conditions where heat illnesses are possible. Drink
plenty of fluids and stay in an air conditioned room if possible.
Stay out of the sun... and check up on relatives and neighbors.
Temperatures within vehicles can become lethal in a few minutes.
Never leave children or pets in vehicles. Remember to beat the
heat... check the backseat.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Watch
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Heat Advisory
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Beach Hazard Statement, Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Heat Advisory
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Watch
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Watch
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning
- Wisconsin - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement