New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 3:27 PM CDT on July 25, 2014
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on July 26, 2014
... Heat advisory now in effect until 8 PM CDT this evening...
... Heat advisory in effect from 1 PM to 8 PM CDT Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a heat
advisory... which is in effect from 1 PM to 8 PM CDT Saturday. The
heat advisory is now in effect until 8 PM CDT this evening.
* Temperature... peak heat index values will commonly range from
103 to 109 this afternoon and Saturday afternoon.
* Timing... heat index readings will fall below 100 this evening.
The heat will return Saturday with heat indices topping 100
degrees early in the afternoon and again falling below triple
digits by mid evening. The highest heat index readings are
likely to occur from 2 PM to 6 PM CDT.
* Impacts... those exposed to the dangerous heat and humidity
over a prolonged period may lead to an increased risk of heat-
A heat advisory is issued when high humidities are expected to
combine with hot temperatures to make it feel like it is
105 degrees or greater. Persons are advised to avoid prolonged
work in the sun... or in poorly ventilated areas. Also keep plenty
of liquids on hand and try to stay in an air conditioned
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when possible
and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work... the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat
should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an
emergency... call 9 1 1.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Kentucky - Special Statement , Record Report
- Maryland - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Record Report
- Nevada - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning