Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 9:01 PM CDT on May 30, 2016
Expires 3:30 AM EDT on June 04, 2016
The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Chester
* from late tonight to late Friday night.
* At 8:30 PM Monday the stage was 26.2 feet.
* Flood stage is 27.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to rise above flood stage by early tomorrow
and to crest near 28.0 feet by Wednesday morning. The river will
fall below flood stage by early Friday morning.
* Impact: at 28.0 feet... unleveed islands near Chester and the Prison
* Impact: at 27.0 feet... flood stage. Unprotected farmland on right
bank begins to flood.
* Impact: at 25.0 feet... Degognia Fountain Bluff levee gates are
Fld latest 7 a.M. Forecast
location stg obs stg 05/31 06/01 06/02 06/03 06/04
Chester 27.0 26.17 27.1 28.0 27.8 26.7 24.8
Lat... Lon 3826 9043 3826 9030 3769 8935 3769 8959
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Watch , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Special Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Excessive Heat Watch
- New Jersey - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Flood Warning