New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Idaho, Northern Panhandle
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 3:02 PM PDT on June 19, 2013
Expires 5:45 PM EDT on June 20, 2013
The National Weather Service in Spokane has issued a
* small stream Flood Advisory for heavy rain in...
Pend Oreille County in northeast Washington...
this includes the city of Metaline Falls...
Bonner County in the Panhandle of Idaho...
this includes the cities of... Sandpoint... Priest River...
Boundary County in the Panhandle of Idaho...
this includes the city of Bonners Ferry...
Shoshone County in the Panhandle of Idaho...
this includes the cities of... Wallace... Pinehurst... Osburn...
* until 245 PM PDT Thursday
* light to moderate rain will persist tonight into Thursday over the
Bonners Ferry... Sandpoint... Metaline Falls... Kellogg... and Deary
areas. An additional half inch to inch of rain is expected to fall
tonight into Thursday. The most significant rain rates will likely
occur late this evening into Thursday morning.
* Potential impacts... small streams and creeks that have been
running low the last few weeks will experience significant rises.
The potential will increase for mud and rock slides tonight
through Thursday as soils become increasingly saturated. Steep
slopes are most prone to mud and rock slides.
In hilly terrain there are hundreds of low water crossings which are
potentially dangerous during periods of run-off caused by excessive
rain. Do not attempt to travel across flooded roads. Find alternate
routes. It takes only a few inches of swiftly flowing water to carry
Campers should not set up Camp along creeks and streams. Rapid rises
may threaten your campsite very quickly.
To report flooding... have the nearest law enforcement agency relay
your report to the National Weather Service forecast office.
Lat... Lon 4694 11633 4789 11632 4789 11650 4799 11651
4798 11705 4805 11743 4814 11750 4865 11750
4866 11763 4874 11763 4901 11742 4900 11605
4798 11605 4770 11573 4755 11576 4748 11563
4742 11572 4726 11532 4694 11497 4693 11497
Statement as of 1:23 AM PDT on June 20, 2013
... Record daily maximum rainfall set in Lewiston Idaho...
A record rainfall of 1.00 inches was set at the Nez Perce County
Airport in Lewiston yesterday. This breaks the old record of 0.75
inches set in 1926. Climatological records for Lewiston have been
kept since 1881.
- Alabama - Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Massachusetts - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Special Weather Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- Nevada - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Record Report
- North Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Record Report
- South Dakota - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
View your local ocean forecast and tides in our Marine Report.
See the latest severe weather alerts from the National Weather Services, locally and nationally, in our Severe Weather Center.
- Storm Protection Measures Going Up Along Part Of Far Rockaway
- Con Edison Begins Installing ‘Smart Switches’ In Westchester
- Storms Bring Heavy Rain, Wind To Much Of Tri-State Area
- Playground Inspired By Sandy Hook Victim To Open; Groundbreaking Set For Another
- Experts Warn Extreme Weather Is Growing More Intense, More Frequent
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.