New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Statement as of 8:18 AM CDT on July 22, 2014
Expires 9:45 AM EDT on July 22, 2014
... A Severe Thunderstorm Warning remains in effect for southern Henry
and northwestern Lee counties until 845 am CDT...
At 816 am CDT... a severe thunderstorm was located near Salem... and
moving southeast at 20 mph.
Hazard... quarter size hail.
Source... radar indicated.
Impact... damage to vehicles is expected.
Locations impacted include...
Pilot Grove... St. Paul... Lowell... West Point... Mt Hamill and Geode
Other locations affected include Stephenson Park.
For your protection move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a
Lat... Lon 4080 9171 4082 9172 4088 9168 4094 9159
4084 9139 4081 9139 4081 9141 4077 9140
4075 9142 4073 9142 4065 9156
time... Mot... loc 1319z 307deg 17kt 4085 9153
Statement as of 3:43 AM CDT on July 22, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on July 22, 2014
... Heat advisory in effect from noon today to 7 PM CDT this
The National Weather Service in Quad Cities has issued a heat
advisory... which is in effect from noon today to 7 PM CDT this
* Timing... around noon through early evening.
* Heat index values... 100 to around 105 due to temperatures in the
upper 80s to lower 90s... and dewpoints in the 70s.
A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures and high
humidity is expected. This combination will lead to possible
heat illnesses. Drink plenty of fluids... stay in an air-
conditioned room... stay out of the sun... and check on relatives
and neighbors... especially the elderly.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency... call 9 1 1.
Statement as of 7:48 AM CDT on July 22, 2014
Expires 9:45 AM EDT on July 22, 2014
... Strong thunderstorms with small hail moving across southeast
Iowa... northeast Missouri into west central Illinois this morning... .
At 746 am CDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated
strong thunderstorms along a line extending from Eliza to New London
to 6 miles south of Douds/Leando... moving southeast at 20 mph.
* Thunderstorms will be near...
New Boston and Keosauqua around 755 am CDT...
Milton... Oakville... Lowell and Mediapolis around 800 am CDT...
Millersburg... Danville and Bentonsport/Vernon around 805 am CDT...
Joy around 810 am CDT...
Penny size hail... winds greater than 35 mph... brief heavy rain... can
be expected with these storms.
If you hear thunder, move immediately to a sturdy building or car
until the storm has passed.
Lat... Lon 4030 9196 4030 9212 4060 9222 4060 9219
4063 9218 4108 9219 4141 9087 4086 9043
4055 9044 4025 9189 4025 9194
time... Mot... loc 1247z 337deg 16kt 4128 9092 4090 9140
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Watch
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement, Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Heat Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report