Current Watches and Warnings
Tropical Storm Watch
Statement as of 5:32 AM HST on August 30, 2015
Expires 6:30 PM EDT on August 30, 2015
... Tropical storm watch remains in effect...
... Precautionary/preparedness actions...
Loose objects such as lawn furniture... garbage cans... and other
items should be secured or stored indoors. Have supplies on hand
and be ready for power outages. Evacuate if ordered by local
... Probability of tropical storm/hurricane conditions...
based on the latest forecast... there is little chance for
hurricane conditions. Also... the chance for tropical storm
conditions at this time ranges from 21 to 31 percent. This
represents a general downward trend since the last forecast.
although the latest forecast is for sustained winds to remain
below tropical storm force of 39 mph... only a small change in the
track of Ignacio could result in higher winds.
... Storm surge and storm tide...
swells generated by Ignacio will increase along east and southeast
facing shores of the island of Maui... and will result in surf
heights of 6 to 12 feet today... reaching up to 15 to 20 feet on
Monday through Tuesday. The high surf is expected to create
dangerous currents. Some coastal inundation of low lying areas is
expected especially at high tide.
... Inland flooding...
total rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches... with isolated amounts
near 6 inches mainly in areas of higher terrain... are possible.
Statement as of 6:24 PM HST on August 29, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Hilo hi...
A record high temperature of 89 degrees was set at Hilo hi today.
This breaks the old record of 88 set in 2007.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Texas - Record Report
- Washington - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning