Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Central Oahu
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 12:22 PM HST on September 03, 2015
Expires 8:15 PM EDT on September 03, 2015
... A Flash Flood Warning remains in effect for the island of Oahu in
Honolulu County until 215 PM HST...
Up to one foot of flood water has been reported on roadways in the
Kalihi and Iwilei neighborhoods.
Locations in the warning include but are not limited to Halawa...
Waikele... Kunia... Waipio... Waipahu... Wahiawa... Schofield Barracks...
Pearl City... Mililani Town and Aiea.
A Flash Flood Warning means flash flooding is imminent or occurring
in streams... roads and low lying areas. Move to higher ground now.
Do not cross fast flowing or rising water in your vehicle or on foot.
Turn around... Don/T drown.
This warning may need to be extended beyond 215 PM HST if flash
Lat... Lon 2149 15809 2154 15790 2124 15768 2124 15798
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:30 AM HST on September 03, 2015
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on September 04, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch in effect until midnight HST tonight...
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for all Hawaiian islands
* until midnight HST tonight.
* A very moist air mass... together with a trough of low pressure
in the middle atmosphere overhead... has been encouraging locally
heavy showers and thunderstorms to develop during the night.
Although most of the heaviest precipitation remained offshore...
rainfall locally saturated the soil from Oahu to The Big Island
overnight. Showers and thunderstorms are expected to cover only
a portion of the state at any one time... but local impacts may
be significant... and training showers may permit heavy rain to
continue at individual locations for extended periods of time.
Shower and thunderstorm development is expected to increase in
the afternoon and early evening.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is very dangerous. Remember
that it does not have to be raining heavily where you are for
flash flooding to occur.
Monitor the latest forecasts and be prepared to take immediate
action if flash flood warnings are issued.
Statement as of 4:45 PM HST on September 02, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Hilo hi...
A high temperature of 93 degrees at Hilo hi today breaks the old
record of 89 set in 1987.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Delaware - Air Quality Alert
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Special Statement , Record Report
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Special Statement
- Michigan - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory, Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- New Jersey - Air Quality Alert
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- North Carolina - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- North Dakota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Ohio - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Areal Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Special Statement
- Utah - Wind Advisory, High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement